What’s not covered?
At Joyce, Jackman & Bell Insurors, your full protection against insurable loss is our number one goal.
Knowing what’s NOT covered under your commercial insurance policy can be just as important as knowing what is covered.
Some of the most common Exclusions found in many policies include the following:
- Water – includes flood, surface water, tides, overflow of any body of water including mudslides, water that backs up from a sewer or drain except as provided under the Back Up of Sewer & Drain coverage extension, and water underground flowing or seeping through foundations, walls, floors, basements, windows doors or other openings.
- Earth Movement – any earth movement such as earthquake, mine subsidence, or earth sinking, rising, or shifting.
- Employment Practices Liability – any employment-related claims such as wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination or failure to hire or promote.
- Cyber Liability and Ransomware – legal liability for breach of protected personally identifiable information as well as theft of computer data, security breaches, and damage from a computer virus.
- Professional Liability – liability resulting from damages caused by your actions, failures, or omissions within the scope of your work as a professional.
- Crime – in the event of loss due to burglary, robbery, fraud, and/or employee dishonesty.
Insurance coverage varies from state to state and policy to policy, so it is important to work with your insurance agent to make sure you understand exactly what is and is not covered by your policy. Knowing what’s covered and what isn’t can save you a lot of money and heartache down the line.