As a business owner, we know you have concerns about running your business in the wake of COVID-19. We encourage you to follow CDC guidelines for protecting your business and the health and safety of your employees.
Plan, Prepare and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019
The CDC interim guidance may help prevent workplace exposure to acute respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19, in non-healthcare settings. The guidance also provides planning considerations if there are more widespread, community outbreaks of COVID-19.
- Actively encourage sick employees to stay home.
- Separate sick employees who do come to work or become sick during the day.
- Emphasize staying home when sick, respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene by all employees.
- Perform routine environmental cleaning.
- Advise employees before traveling to check themselves for symptoms of acute respiratory illness before starting travel and notify their supervisor and stay home if they are sick.
- Employees who are well but who have a sick family member at home with COVID-19 should notify their supervisor and refer to CDC guidance for how to conduct a risk assessment of their potential exposure.
Read more on the CDC guidance here.