How are you coping with finding new talent for your business? If you're like most employers, it's tough out there, isn't it? But here are a few tips that could get you moving in the right direction:
- Cast the net. Interview when you don’t have a vacancy, making clear to applicants that you're building a talent pipeline.
- Stay in touch with good candidates who were second-place in a recent recruitment.
- Market yourself. Strengthening your business image locally will make you more attractive to potential hires.
- Show promise. Let job applicants see a clear path to career progress. They'll be more likely to choose you.
- Ask your current employees for referrals. Word of mouth works!
An attractive employee benefits package can also be a big draw. We can help. You might also want to think about insuring against the loss of a key person in your business. Call me if you'd like to talk about these ideas. Meanwhile, good luck with your hiring.