What do you think your chances are of being ripped off next time you call in a construction contractor to do a job for you, big or small? I mean paying too much or getting a bad job. If it hasn’t already happened to you, I'll bet you know someone who has suffered this misfortune.
Yet, a few simple steps could slash the risk of falling victim. For instance:
- Ask someone whose opinion you respect for recommendations.
- Check qualifications and that they're properly licensed and bonded.
- Get bids from multiple contractors and ask for testimonials.
- Check them out online and with the Better Business Bureau.
- Go and see examples of their work.
These are just a few of the 13 tips I recently picked up from consumer expert Marilyn Lewis. You can read her full recommendations here: https://tinyurl.com/Lewis-tips
Did you know, by the way, there are some important insurance considerations when you have a contractor in your home? To learn more about this, please get in touch.