Pennsylvania Assisted Living Facilities Insurance
As more Baby Boomers reach retirement age, the need for assisted living and nursing care facilities continues to grow, and this makes it a sound business investment in Pennsylvania, for the Twenty First Century. However, just as important as finding a good business opportunity, it's vital to have adequate insurance coverage. In fact, not insuring against all possibilities can result in failed businesses and ruined lives.
Jim worked hard for many years, and decided to invest in an adult foster care facility. He hired the best people he could find and before long was operating at a profit. Things went well for three years until a major problem developed. One of his workers was charged with physical and sexual abuse and this resulted in several large lawsuits against his company.
Jim believed that his Adult Foster Care Insurance would cover this problem but he was wrong (because he failed to take out insurance against issues like abuse). Jim was unaware that he left his company open to this kind of problem, because he did not seek out insurance experts for his Business Insurance needs. To make a long story short, judgments worth millions of dollars were filed against Jim's foster care center and this led to disaster, and it could have been avoided with the right kind of Personal Care Homes Insurance policy.
What is Assisted Living Business Insurance?
Business insurance for an assisted living facility includes necessary coverage to protect a business from all kinds of losses or damages. However, not every business has the same needs and it is very important to have a policy that is customized to your services, so you can receive the maximum amount of benefits.
Who Needs This Insurance?
Assisted Living Facilities Insurance covers businesses that take care of the elderly and disabled. This includes:
- Home healthcare services - many people may not realize what makes up a home healthcare service. This includes large business, but if you have started a business from home that services the elderly, you may need the same kind of protection as larger companies, especially with matters like liability insurance.
- Personal care homes
- Skilled nursing care facilities - this covers full time facilities that tend to all of the patient's personal and medical needs.
- Assisted living facilities - these services help those that need assistance with daily needs, but are not ready for full-time nursing care.
- Adult foster care
- Senior daycare
What Comes with a Standard Personal Care Homes Insurance Policy?
There really is no standard policy because facilities can vary a great deal in the types of services they provide and clients that they serve. However, most policies will include:
Available Options for Nursing and Adult Foster Care Insurance
You may wish to add these items to your policy:
- Cyber or Internet liability - with so many websites being hacked these days, it's best to get protection against someone using the Internet to steal personal information of patients.
- Abuse or sexual misconduct - this will help protect you against things you have little control over, the actions of those in your employ.
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance - perhaps you have a van or shuttle service. You will want to have the maximum auto liability, collision coverage, and comprehensive insurance, on your vehicles.
You may have several other needs and you should talk to an independent insurance agent that has expertise in these matters. This will give you a policy that is customized to fill all your business needs, now and in the future.
Joyce, Jackman & Bell Insurors as Part of Your Team
When you choose an experienced independent insurance agency like Joyce, Jackman & Bell Insurors you are not just choosing insurance professionals. You are receiving new members of your team. Our professionals are there to make sure that your business is totally protected, with the right type of Assisted Living Facilities Insurance policy.
We don't just check out a few insurers on your behalf. Our people have connections with more than 45 A rated companies. This gives us a decided edge on the competition and insures you of not only the finest available coverage, but at the lowest possible rates in Pennsylvania. Many of our customers are saving hundreds of dollars each year.
We know the ins and outs of Personal Care Homes Insurance, and once you buy a policy your business relationship with us is only beginning. We are with you for the long haul, and are there whenever you need us for advice and assistance. Whether you want nursing facility or Adult Foster Care Insurance, you can call us at 866-421-7475 for detailed information on your insurance needs.