Happy Halloween from Joyce, Jackman & Bell Insurors! We love the holidays here in Pennsylvania and look forward to all the fun and festivities. Follow these ten tips to ensure a safe and sound (but spooky) Halloween holiday this year!
1. CLEAR YOU LAWN - Decrease the chance of anyone trick-or-treating tripping and potentially hurting themselves on your property.
2. LIGHT YOUR PROPERTY - Allow trick-or-treaters to see clearly after sun goes down avoiding any liability and detract burglars or mischief.
3. CONTROL ANIMALS - Avoid any potential liability disasters by keeping your animals controlled indoors. With the increased foot traffic, knocks on the door or doorbell, and strange costumes and smells, your pets very well could be a bit on edge.
4. ADULTS ONLY - Leaving the heavy lifting of pumpkin carving such as the major cuts, to the adults is a very smart idea to avoid injury.
5. SAFE JACK-O-LATERNS - Battery powered lights or glow sticks are safe alternatives to candles avoiding fire damage claims.
6. BLOW OUT THE CANDLES – And we are not talking about a birthday cake! Remember to blow out any candles lit for that spooky ambiance in or around the house before turning in for the night.
7. SERVE RESPONSIBLY - Have non-alcoholic beverage choices for those who have to drive, and make sure no one over serves themselves before heading out your door.
8. DETER MISCHIEF – Install motion sensor lights, and set a security alarm system when leaving the house. Alert a trusted neighbor if heading out of town so they can keep an “eye” out for you.
9. TEST SMOKE ALARMS - With all the extra decorations, candles, and lights doing this is just a small task that could have a major payoff on protecting you and your home.
10. GET COVERED – A moment speaking with Joyce, Jackman & Bell Insurors to ensure you are fully protected during this holiday season will ensure your peace of mind. The time to find out that your coverage is incomplete is not AFTER you have a claim.
Contact us today to assist you in all your coverage needs this holiday season and beyond!