I do enjoy the snow...but only before Christmas. After the holidays, it's not so pretty or festive.
Our area is forcasted for a snow storm starting tomorrow night. Take some time now to gather the supplies you will need to ride out the storm at home. And then you can focus on enjoying the winter wonderland outside the window.
- Make sure you have a snow shovel and ice melt to keep walkways clear & safe.
- If you will be using a fireplace or wood-burning stove, you should have a good supply of dry, seasoned wood.
- Have warm clothing & blankets on hand & stock up on water & food. Be sure your medications are filled too.
- Have your snow blower & generator ready.
- Keep the fuel for snow blowers & generators in approved safety containers and away from heat or flame-producing devices. Do not store fuel in your basement.
If you must drive in this weather, take time to clear snow off your car including your hood, roof & headlights. Reduce your speed & increase your following distance. Travelers Insurance offers great tips for driving in winter weather. You can check out more at Travelers.com.
Stay safe & warm this weekend.